MCFM welcomes everyone to join! As the oldest professional mediation organization in Massachusetts, we provide educational and networking opportunities for our members in addition to standards of practice and certification.
Our members include:
- psychologists and therapists
- court employees
- financial professionals
- social workers
- others interested in furthering the use of family mediation and promoting excellence in mediation
Please take a few moments to review information about joining MCFM. When you're ready, click the link at the bottom of the page to start the online application process.
Click here to read about MCFM's Member Benefits.
Membership Levels: MCFM offers membership to individuals only. Members may join at any time during the year. Memberships expire one year from activation date.
- Basic Annual Membership: $90
- Premium Annual Membership With online Referral List and Profile: $190
Basic Annual Membership includes:
- Newly updated website with more info and exclusive “Members Only” section
- Standard online member listing (name/address/phone)
- Frequent—and free!—professional development workshops
- Annual Family Mediation Institute—attend at member rate
- Certification program for qualified divorce mediators
- Subscription to the “Family Mediation Journal"
- Access to MCFM’s network of mediators and allied professionals
Premium Annual Membership includes:
- All the benefits of Basic Annual Membership
- Enhanced profile in the online "Find a Mediator" Referral List. Market yourself to prospective clients by showcasing your skills, training and experience. Get listed in advanced online searches, including practice area and geographic location. You can even upload a photo!
- If you have completed 30 hours of mediation training and are actively practicing mediation, the Premium Annual Membership with Referral List and Profile offers the best value for your membership dollar.
Requirements to join:
There are no specific mediation training requirements to join as a Basic member. Anyone with an interest in mediation is welcome. MCFM does recommend that members invest in basic and advanced mediation training as appropriate. MCFM shares information about outside training opportunities through member emails and also posts training opportunities in the online calendar. Attending MCFM's frequent Professional Development workshops and the annual Family Mediation Institute are great ways to sharpen your skills and keep current in the profession.
Referral List and Profile is available only to those who have completed 30 hours of mediation training and who are actively practicing mediation.
MCFM does require new and renewing members to certify that:
- They are in good standing in their profession.
- They will uphold MCFM's Standards of Practice. Review the MCFM Standards
- They will hold MCFM harmless from claims arising from their mediation practices, including any errors or omissions in MCFM's directories.
- If they are applying for a Premium Annual Membership with Referral List and Profile, they have completed 30 hours of mediation training and are actively practicing mediation.
You must make these certifications in order to join. If you cannot certify these items, your membership cannot be approved.
Email admin@MCFM.org if you have questions.
To protect the privacy of individual information and to more efficiently process member contributions, MCFM accepts online applications and credit/debit cards only. You may use Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover.
To pay by credit card: In the billing information section on the payment form, please enter your billing information, not your member contact information as entered on the first page of the application form. The name and billing address you enter on the payment form must match the name and billing address on record with your credit card company. MCFM’s credit card processor will decline your card if there is a mismatch.
MCFM no longer offers printed applications and does not process offline transactions. If your credit card transaction will not go through, please contact admin@MCFM.org.
For members or potential members for whom paying the MCFM Basic Membership fee would be financially challenging, the MCFM Membership Committee is authorized to grant a limited number of basic one-year MCFM memberships at a reduced fee of $50 per calendar year. Please see the MCFM Scholarship Policy for details.
Have a question about joining that we didn't answer? Email admin@MCFM.org. We’ll be happy to help.
MCFM looks forward to working with you!