The Preeminent Family Mediation Resource in Massachusetts, the Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation (MCFM) is a non-profit organization established in 1982 by family mediators interested in sharing knowledge and setting guidelines for family mediation. MCFM is the oldest professional organization in Massachusetts dedicated to family mediation.
- Increasing public awareness of family mediation
- Providing mediation resources to the public
- Promoting high standards of professional practice
- Delivering premier professional development
- Advocating for the use of family mediation
- Forging alliances in the dispute resolution community
MCFM sets standards to guide the professional practice of family mediation in Massachusetts, and offers a certification program for qualified members. Our goal is to provide the citizens of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with information and resources about divorce and family mediation. We also maintain a referral directory so that people seeking services can find family mediators when issues arise.
Produced by the Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation, the following video describes the benefits of settling through mediation: