Financial Expertise for Complex Situations
Chris supports families in conflict and their mediators and advisors with expert advice as a financial neutral, an adviser for one the parties, or as a mediator or co-mediator.
People who have gone through divorce often find that a better understanding of their financial context may have helped them plan and negotiate outcomes that may have fitted their interests and situations better.
Chris helps families and individuals:
- think financially, not emotionally
- understand the financial impact of settlement possibilities
- craft creative proposals that are fair to both parties
- plan for life after divorce
Chris helps mediators:
- explore the impact of taxes on scenarios
- by enabling the parties to provide Consent that is actually Informed
- with support for the less knowledgeable or powerful spouse
Chris helps all parties involved with subject matter expertise on
- pension valuation and evaluation
- retirement plan evaluation
- executive compensation issues
- impact of settlement offers
- planning for difficult issues such as college financial aid planning
Chris is a CFP practitioner, a Certified Divorce Financial Analyst, a collaborative law financial neutral, and a trained Mediator per MGL ch233 sec 23C.
Chris Chen is a Boston, MA area fee-only financial planner serving the entire region and clients across the country. Insight Financial Strategists provides financial planning, retirement planning, investment management, and divorce planning services to help clients organize, grow and protect their assets through life’s transitions. As a fee-only, fiduciary, and independent financial advisor, Chris Chen is never paid a commission of any kind, and has a legal obligation to provide unbiased and trustworthy financial advice.
Newton, MA 02458
781 489 3994
Degrees and Experience
Education and Training
CFP: Certified Financial Planner
CDFA: Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
Mediation Training from MWI
National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA)
Financial Planning Association
Institute of Divorce Financial Analysts