I serve as a mediator, arbitrator, and Collaborative Law attorney in a wide variety of cases - ranging from divorce and other family cases to commercial, employment, personal injury and other non-family cases. I practice in a multi-disciplinary firm -- Boston Law Collaborative, LLC ("BLC") -- in which we have several mediators, lawyers, trainers, paralegals, and parenting coordinators. Our goal is to help our clients with three-dimensional service - considering the legal, emotional, and financial issues in their cases.
BLC has received recognition from:
- American Bar Association (the annual "Lawyer as Problem Solver" award)
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (the annual "Law Firm Excellence in ADR" award)
- US News & World Report (listed as a "Tier 1" firm in their Best Law Firms list, in two categories: Family Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution)
- Martindale-Hubbell (highest rating for a law firm: "A-V")
For copies of my articles on mediation and Collaborative Practice, please visit the BLC web site (click on profile page for David Hoffman). Thanks!!
Boston, MA 02109
Degrees and Experience
J.D., magna cum laude, Harvard University (1984)
M.A., American Studies Cornell University (1974)
B.A., summa cum laude, Princeton University (1970)
John H. Watson, Jr. Lecturer on Law, Harvard Law School (teaching mediation course)
Lead trainer, American Bar Association Family Law Mediation training
Mediator and Trainer, Cambridge Dispute Settlement Center
Mediator, The Mediation Group (Brookline)
Certified Divorce Mediator, Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation, Inc.
Advanced Practitioner, Association for Conflict Resolution
- Listed in the book "Best Lawyers in America" under Family Mediation, Collaborative Family Law, and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Listed in Massachusetts Super Lawyers list in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Rated 10/10 (“superb”) by www.Avvo.com (lawyer rating service)
- Awarded annual Peacemaker Award of the Community Dispute Settlement Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts (2005)
- Martindale-Hubbell Directory of Lawyers - AV-rated (top rating)
- Listed in Who’s Who in American Law; Who’s Who in America, and Who’s Who in the World
Co-editor of the book "Bringing Peace into the Room" (2003)
Co-author of the book "Massachusetts Alternative Dispute Resolution" (1996)
Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council (founding member)
Association for Conflict Resolution
American, Massachusetts, and Boston Bar Associations
Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation, Inc.
Distinguished Fellow, International Academy of Mediators
Past Chair, ADR Committee, Boston Bar Association Litigation Section
Past President: Association for Conflict Resolution, New England Chapter
Past Chair: American Bar Association Section of Dispute Resolution
Co-chair, Collaborative Law Committee of the ABA Section of Dispute Resolution
We mediate cases throughout Massachusetts and beyond - primarily via Zoom at the moment, but also in person when it is safe to do so.
$600 per hour; reduced fee in appropriate cases