meditator, traveler, musician
I am an experienced mediator/attorney located in Arlington MA, specializing in family mediation, including
- divorce mediation, mediation of pre-nuptial, post-marital agreements;
- review and/or drafting of Separation Agreements;
- acting as divorce settlement counsel;
- and providing Limited Assistance Representation (LAR).
LAR is an alternative to the traditional full-service model, and it allows the attorney and client to limit their relationship to a specific tasks such as document drafting, legal guidance, document review, dispute resolution of discrete issues and coaching self-represented individuals in obtaining a divorce. LAR can be a good option for individuals who do not have the need or the resources to retain full-service legal representation.
Arlington, MA 02476
Degrees and Experience
- Law Degree from Northeastern University Law School
- Practicing Attorney for 27 years
- Mediator since 1992
- Basic mediation training at the Cambridge Dispute Settlement Center (CDSC)
- Participant in Harvard Law School Program of Instruction for Lawyers: Negotiations
- Divorce mediation training through CDSC
- Divorce mediation training with John Fiske and Dianne Neumann
- Elder mediation training with Elder Decisions
- Mediator for Middlesex Multi-Door Courthouse
- Mediator for CDSC 2008 - present
- Sole Practitioner practicing law and mediation since 2010
- Qualified by the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination to conduct MCAD
remedial trainings, internal investigations of discrimination complaints and to assist employers
with the accommodation process.
Massachusetts Bar Association
Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation
Southern Poverty Law Conference
My office is in an accessible building at 22 Mill Street, Suite 305, Arlington MA, which is on public transportation routes. There is on-street parking as well as a parking lot adjacent to the building. ($7/hr.) I have evening hours available during the work week and some availability on Saturdays.
I offer a free initial consultation and a number of options for fees including hourly or flat-rate fees - based on the nature of your case. I do not require a retainer for mediation services.