As a service to our members and the general public, the Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation is sharing the following announcement. MCFM is not responsible for the content of this announcement and is not a sponsor of the program or programs described in this announcement.
Mediation Works Incorporated (MWI)
MWI Divorce Mediation Training
April 12-14, 2019 (9:00 am - 6:00 pm each day)
10 Liberty Square, 4th Floor
Boston, MA 02109
This comprehensive 24-hour divorce mediation training is designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills to become effective divorce mediators through demonstrations, presentations, written materials, and role-plays.
This program is for mediators who have completed at least 30-hours of mediation training and who are interested in incorporating divorce mediation into their practice. Opportunities to observe and mediate with MWI are available upon successful completion of the training program.
MWI’s Divorce Mediation Training is designed to
- Prepare mediators to work with divorcing couples in mediation – from case screening and intake through agreement writing.
- Increase mediators’ capacity to apply a negotiation framework to the mediation process and assist parties in their efforts to define issues, focus their interests, and generate options that secure sound resolutions within the context of divorce.
- Inform mediators about mediating divorce cases in the “shadow of the law” and how to help couples work through a variety of issues including: child support, alimony, division of assets/liabilities, custody, parenting time, insurance, tax filing, and more.
- Provide mediators with information about the effects of divorce on adults and children.
- Assist mediators in their efforts to recognize when assistance of other professionals may be helpful to the mediation process.
Cost: $825 per person (or $775 if registered a month in advance of the program). Space is limited to 24 participants.
Boston, MA 02109